Thursday, January 09, 2014

Eleanor and Park

I finished this book this morning.

On my phone.

Between the copy room and my classroom.

It's my own fault really. Last night, I read way too late until a major decision was made in the book, thinking I would just see how the decision worked out tonight when I lay down to read.

What I didn't realize was that I only had 29 pages left to go in the book. I did realize that this morning, when I was reading while I was drying my hair (something that can only be accomplished while reading on my Kindle/iPad).

That is also the point where I HAD to know what happened and how it would end. Was it the ending I wanted? No. Was it the ending that a story like this should have had? Yes.

I started this book on Sunday or Monday night, and it was a quick read. Such a wonderful book, and definitely my first book crush of 2014. It made me feel all the feelings. Sigh. Swoon.

This is one of the most popular quotes from the book- the quote all the fangirls love to recreate. It's not one of my favorite quotes, and I had several favorite quotes.

My two favorite:
"It made her want to have his babies and give him both her kidneys."
(because I could have said something like that myself.

"I just want to break that song into little pieces," she said, "and love them all to death." (because that's how I feel about music sometimes)


This book is considered Young Adult, but the language was even hard for my delicate constitution. I don't recommend it for high school girls, or really for anyone under the age of 36.

If you don't believe me that it's a good book, believe the incredible John Green. I haven't read any of his books yet, because I'm not sure I can right now. From the quotes I've seen on the interwebs attributed to him, I think I will love his work and have to go all fangirl and read every.single.thing he's ever written. And right now, I just don't have time for that.

I know that I've resolved to "More words, less screen", but I've swung the pendulum the other way in getting so involved in this book that I've neglected other areas of my life, like the set of papers that I've dragged back and forth to school every day this week.

So, I'm not starting another book until at least Sunday night, possibly Monday.

And I'll probably finish that one on my phone on Thursday morning too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin