Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A life without lists

I want very badly to go to bed right now, but I'm forcing myself to stay up at least until my "go to bed" alarm goes off. At 9pm. In 20 minutes. I may not make it.

I did not capitalize the title, lest you think this is some inspiring, inspirational tale of looking at life's expectations blah blah blah, zzzzzzz... (I'm not even really alert or coherent enough to not use the words inspiring and inspirational to describe the same thing...)

anyhow.....

I've been out of commission for the last couple of weeks. Just when I think I'm getting ahead of the game, BAM! Crazy comes knocking and I have to answer the door, invite it in, offer it a drink, and just generally sit with it a spell.

Today, mid-way through the school day, when I had a moment to myself as the kids were reading away in the library, I looked at my desk and made a list of the things I needed to do today. I realized I hadn't made a list and really focused myself and decluttered my mind in quite some time. It felt wonderful.

As soon as I made my list, I felt 100 times better.

Too bad I didn't cross a single thing off my list, nor did I get a single thing done. (I left the list on my desk and forgot to bring it home.

Such is crazy right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin