Sunday, May 04, 2014

For today- May {the} Fourth {be with you}

**update: I have one boy student and one girl student this year that I would take home in a heartbeat and love forever and ever amen. I was looking through my "things I love about my teacher" book (for teacher appreciation week) and the boy had written something about me and then wrote in parenthesis (in a good way.) He gets me. 

Outside my window... 
It is finally dark. These longer days are skewing my sense of time. In a good way. 

I am thinking...
about a lot lately. Blog posts. Challenges. Essential Oils. What ifs. Derby {constantly}. My mind is a non-stop motor lately. In a good way. 

I am thankful for...
a side job that lets me make extra play money, and coming home to my apartment and my dog and my life again. April, May, and June are keeping me a complete gypsy. In a good way. 

From the kitchen... 
I've been out of the apt. for a full week, so there's not very much going on in my kitchen, save a few unintentional science experiments in the kitchen. That I will totally clean out tomorrow. Or the next day...

I am wearing... 
my favorite pajama pants and a white v-neck. It's my favorite nighttime uniform and it makes me feel secure and comfortable as I snuggle into my bed. 

I am creating...
very little right now, but that's okay. I'm slowly piecing together my summer mantle, and it's going to be big and challenging. In a good way. 

I am going..
on a secret trip in two weekends. It's completely ordinary, save the limited time I'll be gone, but I'm so excited about it and the secret it has become. 

I am reading...
Nothing much right now. I have GOT to get started on my summer reading list!

I am hearing...
bathwater running. I've taken to nighttime baths to calm me down and get me ready for bed. 

Around the house...
I'm ready for summer to get here. My next mission, save the mantle, is my patio. Last year I kept plants alive for two whole weeks before the complex decided to get painted and worked on and I had to empty off my patio for the rest of the summer! Hopefully this year will fare better.

One of my favorite things...
Right now I have a lot of favorite things, including a project with my students that has taken on a life of its own (and will, therefore, get a blog post of it's own.) For this, I'm pink-puffy-heart-loving my new bedtime salve that has a couple of essential oils and coconut oil. You rub it on your feet, which has a scientific reasoning but is still odd, and I have slept so very well for the last week since I've concocted it. This also includes the entire week I slept on a bed that folded down out of the wall and was not comfortable in the slightest. 

A few plans for the rest of the week..
It's teacher appreciation week, and all of the local businesses offer teacher discounts during the week. I seriously meal-planned the week based on which nights had the deals for restaurants. I'm spoiled. in a good way. 

A picture to share... 
I finally got a picture of Daisy when I get in the bathtub. 
She does this every.single.time.


OMG! MOM! MOM! Are you okay? Did you fall in?
Why would you get in THERE on purpose?
I'm not coming in to get you, but I'll just stand right here
and watch you the whole time you take your bath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin