Sunday, March 13, 2016

A tale of two festivals

Six months ago, in September, I helped out at the Blues Festival. It was soaking wet that weekend.

I got to know a casual acquaintance, and he became a friend. A boy friend. With a space in between the words. A boy {space} friend. An integral part of my life.

And this weekend, there was another festival.
35 music festival.
It wasn't a complete washout.

Neither of us went.
I only know that because I've been watching FB.
He probably has no idea if I went or not.

He stopped talking to me 3 weeks ago.
Refusing to answer texts.
He tried to start texting me back up, but I can't go from no contact to how it was before without a conversation.

Then he said something hurtful.
And I haven't heard from him since.

It's not me, it's him. Something's going on with him and I don't know what it is, but it's not about me, so I know I couldn't have done anything one way or another.

The last thing I said to him in person was "Love you too, drive safe. Good night."
And so, if it ends there, it ends there and I have to be okay with that.

But it's probably going to end there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin