Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Stupid Burgundy Shirt

I am usually a big picture person. Every once in a while (one might say once in a full moon, which would explain my princes and princesses behavior today), I get completely irrational and upset over something that means absolutely nothing in the big picture of life. The stupid burgundy shirt is one of those triggers. And I can't believe I'm in tears over a stupid shirt, but every once in a while, Satan wins and I give in to the feelings of complete inadequacy that I fight very hard against almost every day.

Before school began, we were eating lunch and saw these women with these cute shirts that said the name of their elementary school on the shirt. It was totally cute, so we decided as a grade level that we should make our own. How hard can it be? It was my idea, and I was in charge of getting the things necessary to make the shirts. So, when Lisa made Lindsay's shirt, and told her how easy it was, I was very excited, because the shirt came out very cute.

Tonight, I tried my shirt. It did not work. The letters will not stick. My shirt will not have cute letters on it. My shirt is dumb and boring and plain. And I feel like a fool. I feel like everyone else will have a cute shirt, and I will not.

In reality, no one will care in the least what I am wearing. We're going on a field trip tomorrow (thus, the matching shirts), and people will be more concerned about losing other people's children than why they didn't get the cool teacher who was crafty enough to get her letters to stick to the shirt.

I just sometimes have days where it is hard to feel even adequate. And today is totally one of those days.

reasons: today, reasons are hard to find. But the full moon is beautiful. And there's John 3:16. At the end of a day like today, a girl needs something to hold onto. And sometimes, all you have to hold on to is John 3:16. And it is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin