Saturday, June 30, 2007

Things People Have Said to Me Today

* when asked what she was going to do now that she's graduated college with a psychology degree, a friend mentioned a few career options, and then said "...or maybe I will just be a teacher for a while." Seriously, people, be aware of your surroundings and don't say that in the presence of a teacher. On the days that I'm fed up with children and parents and other teachers, I don't say "maybe I will just be a pilot!" I say "would you like fries with that?" What makes you think that you can "just" do something that I went through five years of college for?

* "Do you have a concession stand or something that I can get some popcorn or something?!" I am paying for my purchase at Target. Paying. Swiping my debit card. And some random lady comes and taps me on the shoulder and asks me that! But, because it was easier, I replied "yes, ma'am. Right down at that end of the store is our refreshment area." See, I can be pleasant and helpful when approached the right way.

* "Did you make this?!" when I gave away my last project at a baby shower. My gift was the only one passed around for all to see. It felt good.

And my favorite of the day...
I took Kells Bells and Katybug to IHOP, though Katybug, being the tween that she is, expressed her displeasure in being woken up on a Saturday morning (at 9:30 of all the ungodly hours) just to go to IHOP. We were discussing the new movie Ratattoulle (sp?) and Kells Bells said that we should go see it at Studio Movie Grill because it's a movie about food (which she and the rest of the family minus me did). I mentioned that we can't go see every movie there, because it gets expensive, and she says "Well, maybe if you'd pay for your own ticket it wouldn't be so expensive!" I'm not sure where she comes up with these things. For the record, her dad usually buys all the tickets together when the five of us go to the movies, and I keep her mother in a healthy supply of Diet Coke, so it all comes out in the wash!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin