Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Conversation With My Mother

scene: putting dishes into cabinets in new apartment...

Mom: Did I tell you I got the new Beyonce CD?

me: hmphfgheesl;kjf!!!! (that is how you spell the sound of the Mountain Dew that was in my mouth spewing out of my nose)

Mom: What?!

me: So does this mean you're now bootyliscious?! (major sarcastic tone implied)

Mom: As a matter of fact, I am bootyliscious.

me: So, really now. Is she the rep for your new fragrance?

Mom: yeah, that's how I got the CD. I told your sister that I had it and she asked me to mail it to her. I told her I was going to keep it and maybe I like Beyonce!

me: Do you?

Mom: Well, I put in the CD, listened to one song, and yeah, she can have it.


Never did I think I would be discussing Beyonce with my mother, the woman with the perpetual crush on Ricky Nelson and Josh Groban. Wonders never cease.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin