Monday, August 06, 2007

Things I Am Doing Over the Next Few Days

Alternate titles:
* Proof I Am On The Slippery Slope to Insanity
* Reasons Why I'm On the Couch In Fetal Position Whimpering
* I Am Not Really a Grown-Up Because Really, What Grown Up Would Subject Themselves to This?

So, this week, I am moving. Yes, you read that right. Moving. Yes, I know I just had surgery one week ago today. Yes, I know that when my doctor said I could get back to regular, light activity this is probably not what he had in mind. Now you understand why I said that it would be more convenient for me to move two weeks ago. But now I'm moving the day after tomorrow. Yikes doesn't even begin to describe it. This is way more of a holy guacamole moment. So, here's my to do list of things to be accomplished as soon as humanly possible, or really as soon as inhumanly possible:

1. Pack up entire contents of Guest Room. This will involve boxes, tape, rest, and cursing (sorry to my church friends that read this. It's true. I curse when stressed.)
2. Rest some and read a magazine because I've way overdone it.
3. Pack some more.
4. Sign new lease at new apartment and get over the feeling that I'm signing away a year of my life. Will probably involve a little cursing.
5. Go to Target, Wal-mart, etc. etc. etc. Spend lots of money. Curse a little more.
6. Rest some and read a magazine because, again, I've overdone it.
7. Come up with new title for blog, as life will no longer be lived in said guest room. I came up with a title that I thought was creative and new, but it sat too long and now I realize it was stupid and even worse, trite. Gasp! Curse!
7(a). Curse at blogger because it is not letting me publish this cursing post.
8. Stop trying to redesign blog because hello stupid, you should be packing and moving and what do you think you're doing sitting at a stupid laptop while there is still miscellaneous crap everywhere?!
9. Pack some more.
10. Wait around for movers to come and move stuff from messy and unorganized storage unit (curse!) to new apartment. Write large check for movers. Curse.
11. Wish I had gotten a backbone and told parents that I didn't need their help but instead I'm standing around with parents mentally cursing in mind and occasionally outloud as I get pinched by mother for having a foul mouth.
12. Hair appointment. Because, ya'll, hair is important to a Southern girl.
13. After the dust is settled, sit and look at 8,000,007 boxes and swear never to do it again.
14. Rest and read a magazine because this time, holy guacamole have I overdone it.

Let the panic commence!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:06 PM CDT

    cursing is high on my list of stress relievers.. nothing like it... lickety-split.

    sorry church friends. :)

    surgery, moving, hmmm what happened to that big stack of books and movies. wow. best of luck....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin