Sunday, September 02, 2007

Where's the Window That's Supposed to Open Up?

Dear God,

This morning, I told You about something I was concerned about, that we've actually talked about here and there, and asked You to shut the door if it wasn't what You had in store. Well, You've done this once before. God, there's a difference between shutting the door and slamming it in my face immediately after I asked You about it. Seriously. Is this necessary? Both times I've been left barely breathing and wanting to throw up on my shoes.

I know You're doing this because You'd rather me be disappointed for a little while than heartbroken for only You know how long. And I guess it is my own fault, because everytime I ask you to shut the door, I do so wishing it would be left open so I could get what I want, instead of what You want for me.

So, I now ask that you put no one in my path today that needs to see You through me, because I gotta tell Ya, I'm in a pretty bad mood about all of this. Maybe it'll get better, but it's not looking so good. And I know my mood is my choice and all, but sometimes, I just choose to be in a bad mood. And today is one of those days.

And thank You for letting me know this wasn't going to happen. At least now I can move on. To where, I don't know. But I'll move on.

Love,
Your temporarily disgruntled servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin