Tuesday, September 04, 2007

They're Always After Me Lucky Charms!

Today, I introduced my new class to Nickel Creek. This is my favorite musical group, and the first song on the CD is a beautiful combination of instruments, including a guitar, fiddle, and mandolin, among others.


One of my kiddos says "Hey...this is like leprechaun music!" Yeah...I'm gonna like this bunch. I forget that they don't know me like my princes and princesses did. One of them came in during my planning time and found me singing along to "When You Come Back Down." Judging by the look on her face, she was a little weirded out. So was the rest of the class today, when I tripped over my chair and knocked it and everything on my overhead cart off. They'll get used to their teacher, and I'll get used to them.


I'm out of my disgruntled funk. I've found that often, when I feel out of sorts, one remedy is to create something. I finally found the table and chairs I have been looking for...a beautiful antique piece with hideous toucan print on the chairs. So, yesterday, with the help of my mom, I recovered them. The picture on the left is definitely the before:





Between that and my little ones...I'm feeling much better...much more myself.

By-the-by, Nickel Creek's last concert before they break up (sob sob) is in November at the House of Blues. I am SO there. In fact, I'm so SO there that I had to stop this post and get tickets. The good seats are already sold out, but the cheap seats were available. I'm so excited, November can't get here fast enough. Maybe I'll take my dad. Maybe I'll take someone else. Anyone interested?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin