Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Creativity

So, I feel like my creativity has its own story. Brief version: my whole life, I've been a thinker and a reader, and while I've loved art in different forms, I've never felt like I could do it or was good at what I tried to do. I could get a little creative with words, but other than that, I didn't even start drawing on the board until about my third year of teaching.

My aunt is the most creative person I know. It's hard to describe. And she's been telling me for a long time that I am creative. I But she's always been telling me things that I didn't want to believe about myself.

Recently, I've really embraced the fact that I'm a creative person. I think God created me to be like that, and for a long time I was not embracing who He created me to be and told me I was. It's very free-ing when you accept even one little facet of who God tells you that you are.

But now, this creativity is taking on a whole new dimension. I'm working on a project that is way beyond my creative expertise, and it's stretching me, but in good ways, and although I could easily feel like I'm in way over my head, I don't really feel like it. I'm accepting that I can do this.

And it's such a good thing. And it's drawing me nearer to my Creator. And He's drawing nearer to me. It's a good place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin