Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Just call me scorsese

Of course, I should probably learn how to spell scorcese before I claim to be him...

I have had no time to write, because I am doing a stint as a movie director. Sort of.
We're doing reports on endangered animals, because it's earth week and I'm turning into a tree-hugger thanks to all of the information I've been having thrown at me...I digress.

One of my main goals for my children is that they be productive members of society: articulate, creative, aware, educated. Not only that, I want them to be able to present their knowledge in creative, interesting, and most importantly, current ways. I got a tip from another teacher about a program on our computers. If you have Windows, you have Photo Story 3, and it is the most user-friendly, exceptionally cool program.

So my kids had to do their research, and then I had them use this program to set up a photo slide show with their own narration and musical creations, that I will in turn burn to a dvd for them to play on their dvd player at home.

The thing is...it requires a ridiculous amount of my free time. I got them going on their initial set up, but now we're at the point that they need feedback on their project. Individual feedback. On each of their 21 projects. TWENTY-ONE. This is sucking the life out of me, but tonight one of my kids is far enough along that I am seeing why I'm giving up all of my free time to do this.

Ya'll...it's awesome! So if I'm awol for a bit...it's because I'm watching "movies" about american crocodiles, mexican wolves, and north american burrowing owls or something of the sort!


Oh, and I have quite a bit to say about the Facebook stuff going on in my world. I was going to post it tonight, but I'm too busy editing movies. Carpe Diem had something to say about it though, and it's hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin