Friday, June 26, 2009

From Flat to Fabulous!

Updated to add:

R.I.P. Billy Mays. I feel bad now for mocking your products. Between the OxyClean and the ShamWow, Heaven just got a little cleaner. Thank you!

First, I feel I should issue an apology:

Dear General public that was in the Shell station with me,

Let me apologize for my outburst. See, I had a very long thumbnail…very long, and as I opened the drink cooler, it broke off unexpectedly. So, please accept my apology for the words that came out of my mouth. The nail-breaking came as a shock to me, thus the outburst, and while we’re on the subject, I wasn’t referring to any of your mothers specifically. Oh, and Ms. Cashier, I understand the slightly scared look on your face after my outburst. I would have been nervous as well.

Hugs and Kisses,

The crazy, short-nailed lady stopping in for a mountain dew

On to other business…

So, it turns out that this little crafty blog has turned into my new hairstyling resource. She turned me on to my twisty-curly hairstyle, and now, she’s turned me on to something new to try: Bumpits. She even gave me the tip that they’re at Walgreens. Three for $10.

Since my friend is getting married tomorrow (maybe you’ve read me mention it here), I thought it would be a good time to try out this new hair product. So, I headed on down to the local Walgreens to pick me up some magical volume-giving hair products. Knowing me, did you really think it would be that easy?!

I get to the Walgreens, and am immediately distracted. Ooh! Gummi Bears! In the gold bag. While I professed my love for them (out loud), I picked up a bag and headed to the hair-care products aisle. After all, I’m looking for something for my hair. Brushes, straighteners, pony tail holders….no bumpits. Time for Plan B.

I was quite tempted to go find the manager and ask them where the “crap” aisle is, since I was sure to find it there, but I was a little afraid of the workers. So, I found the As Seen On TV aisle (or should I say corner) of the store.

Here’s what I found: Deluxe Gopher. Wonder Hanger. Pasta-n-More. Smooth Away….but no Bumpits. Because it couldn’t be that easy. I searched and searched and searched every aisle of the Walgreens, and there were no Bumpits to be found. It was very sad.

I decided against the Gummi Bears, and went to put them back, when what to my wondering eyes should appear? No, not a sleigh and eight tiny reindeer…a Sham Wow!

Yes, I found another As Seen On TV section! So there, scrunched between a Topsy Turvy and a set of Aqua Globes was my ruthlessly searched for Bumpits! There may have been a happy dance in the store as I clutched them to my chest in excitement and ran to the checkout line to secure my Bumptis.

Now, I’ve got them home, and I don’t really have the hang of it, but the wedding’s not until 3 tomorrow, so I should be okay. Whoa…just checked the invitation…it’s a 3:30. Wouldn’t that have been funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin