Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Facebook. Hearts. Reasons for living.

The blog world almost lost another blogger today. After my morning round of inservice, I thought about ending it all. Then, I remembered two things:

1. I have faculty dinner tonight, so I get a free meal at a restaurant. It was pretty much my reason for living right now.
2. Even thought I don't have an iPhone, I can download games onto mine. For a cost.

After downloading Bookworm onto my phone (because I am the biggest nerd around), I played it. For two and a half sold hours. Straight. I drained my cell battery, but it was the best $6.99 I've ever spent. It made it possible to continue living my life.

So, awesome enough, the boy I had a huge crush on in middle school...yes, 8th grade...just Facebook Friended me. We then went on to swim together on the high school swimming team. I may or may not have written my first name and his last name together. And there may have been hearts. I was 14.

And he said "you have a beautiful son." I guess he saw the picture of me and the Guatemalan orphan and put two and two together. In this case, he came up with five.

Oh Lawd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin