Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Four minutes

That's how long it took me to get from my meeting at the local high school to my doorstep when the cable guy called. That's also how long it took him to fix the problem. So then came the moral dilemma.

You see, they said they were coming between 12-5, and last time that meant 5:30 and they stayed for over an hour. So, I told the presenter at my workshop that I may need to take a phone call and leave. So, when she said "Let's get started" and my phone rang three seconds later, I bolted. But when it took the cable guy about 4 minutes to fix the connection, and I knew I could make it back in 4 minutes...do I stay or do I go now?

I stayed. And napped. And cleaned my kitchen so I could cook dinner. And I cooked dinner. And I cleaned my living room and bathroom. Okay, well...not my bathroom, but that's next on the list...

It was just nice to relax for an afternoon...and to have my television back.

Oh, and at this point, I just see the Dell commercials, even muted as I am fast forwarding through commercials, and the "Lollipop" song is stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin