Saturday, August 22, 2009

Wake me up before you go-go

It pains me to type this.
Seriously...my fingers hurt. Actually, it's not my fingers. It's the muscles from my elbow to my wrists, the ones that move my fingers. I'm really only able to get this much down because I took Advil upon arriving home an hour ago, and am regaining almost painless mobility in my hands.

I went on the YL retreat this weekend, which was wonderful, and is actually still going on. They're staying until tomorrow, but for my church tomorrow is Commotion (Promotion) Sunday, I need to be back on the home front.

We went to a lake about 2 hours south of here. I drove by myself, with my new playlist and a LOT on my mind, and it was beautiful. Then, we played Apples to Apples, which is a favorite game of mine, and called it a night. After about 5 hours of sleep (which those of you who know me is a few too few) we had breakfast and an hour of solitude on a lake with a beautiful sky and a reclining chair.

Heaven. Simply heaven. I talked to God, reread some old entries, read my favorite Psalm, did some sketches, and was able to simply be still for an hour. Even though I live alone because I'm a girl that needs her alone time daily, it was such a beautiful environment for true solitude.

Then, we had our little training, and lunch, and then I spent 4 hours on a ski boat in the middle of a lake, watching the boys and little girls take turns wakeboarding, feeling the wind in my hair and the sun on my skin and the water on my hands when we would have to turn around and drag the rope back to someone.

Before we called it a day, I got a little bold and tried my luck at wakeboarding. I was 17 the last time I attempted water sports, and I vividly remember not being able to get up on the skis due to complete lack of upper-body strength, and the feeling the next morning when everything hurt when I tried to get out of bed. And that was when I was 17!

I can only imagine the pain I will be in tomorrow. I've already taken some advil, and I'll be doing several stretches when I go to bed, which will be in approximately 10 minutes. I'm that exhausted. When I came in off the boat, I was all sorts of wobbly and I realized early on that I'd pulled my texting muscle.

I really wish I could spend every day on a boat. (Maybe then I'd actually be able to make it to a standing position on the wakeboard...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin