Saturday, September 26, 2009

Exhaustion:1 Me: 0

I've known all week I've been a little tired.

This morning, I discovered I am exhausted. I woke up at 9:30, after ten hours of sleep. I watched College GameDay as any football-girl should, while laying on the couch fighting the urge to go back to bed.

I took a shower at 11:00 when it was done. Then I went back to bed. I woke up when my mom called to tell me she was on her way. We were going to IKEA. On a Saturday. Me and my mother. (That right there is the definition of exhausting.) I hurried to get ready and took a good-sized dose of caffiene.

We went to IKEA, (on a Saturday people. A Saturday.) and I got the most beautiful frame in the whole wide world. I've got grand ideas for this one, friends. Grand ideas. I'll show it to you when I get it all together.

Here's where I realized just how exhausted I was: I had to rest on the way home from IKEA. It's 20 miles from my apartment, and I couldn't stay upright that long. Had to prop the carseat back and close my eyes and curl up and rest. Sad.

I recovered a little when I got home...enough to go back to my mom's for dinner. I was feeling pretty good, until I got a yummy dinner of steak and potatoes, after which I collapsed on the couch and pondered the ramifications of going to bed at 7pm on a Saturday night. I headed home, and here I am.

Exhausted.

I didn't clean the apartment today, as I was looking forward to being able to do all week. I didn't clean off the scrap table and organize all my impending projects. I didn't open the bag of Halloween/fall goodness to plan out the wreath, much less do it.

One thing I did accomplish: Old Navy. They were doing 50% off their clearance, and I checked it out and got some steals. Three pair of pants and two shirts for $26. One of the pair of pants was $3.50 and I thought that was a phenomenal deal. And then I found a pair for $0.98. 98 cents. Unbelievable.

Now, I was just about to call it a night and go to sleep, until Tim got knocked down and didn't get up. They said he "just got his bell rung" a little bit, but that changed a bit when he had to be taken off the field vomiting. Bless his little heart. I am very worried about him.

Thank the Lord we have a bye week next weekend!

(I just thought this picture was so cute of Daisy. No idea why she's using my sneaker as a pillow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin