Monday, September 28, 2009

Let's kick the tires and light the fires, big daddy!

Yes, I watched Independence Day. Again. Hush.

I also spent the afternoon (after nap, of course) trying to tackle this:

I’m hoping that the cleaner, more organized environment will help me creatively. Scratch that…I already know the more organized environment is helping me creatively.

I know that I need to keep going on the September Stories. Especially since yesterday was 12 years since our first date.

However, it won’t be today or tomorrow. This new class has wiped me out emotionally and physically, and it’s taken it’s toll on my time-management skills. Basically, I come home and just need to sit on the couch and stare into oblivion for an hour before I can even begin to waste time on the computer. So I had to make a drastic decision.

Computer-free Mondays. I don’t bring my laptop home on Mondays. At all. I don’t have the willpower to bring it home and not turn it on until my work is done. So I simply don’t bring it home. That way, if I get done with my work before I leave for Young Life, I get home and have time to play with my scrapbooking stuff. Or even read!

I tried it last week and knew that it had to become a regular endeavor. And I think I’m a little better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin