Tuesday, September 01, 2009

And here I thought I'd have nothing to talk about...

So, today was a whirlwind of a day/afternoon/evening. I left my house at 6:30 this morning and got home at 8:45 pm. School, then a hair appointment, then BINGO with the elderlies. I wasn't even really sure I'd have anything to blog about.

Was I wrong.

So, one of my little ones got mad at me and stood in the same spot for one whole hour, not moving. Pretty fun. Awesome, in fact.

But the real blog-worthy event was after bingo with the elderlies. It was our last night, and I was loving the ladies that came down to play. They were quite a fun mix. We finished the Bingo, put everything up, and three of us were waiting for our fourth before we left.

One of the ladies was talking to us, and none of us could figure out what she was talking about. We could decipher the words easily, we just couldn't understand the train of thought. We're not sure there was one. I was playing along, agreeing in all the right spots, when she said it.

Wait for it.
Wait for it.
It was legend...wait for it...ary.

She just looks at me, mumbles, and then says clear-as-day...

"That's what she said."

Luckily, MHat was there to hear it and look at me, wide-eyed, and burst out laughing! Silently, of course, so as to not be thought to be laughing at the lady. I, unfortunately, was facing her and couldn't laugh. I was quite certain that my head might explode on my neck.

And then I knew I'd have something to blog about. Wonder what tomorrow will bring...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin