Tuesday, March 02, 2010

A busy life and Lent.

Tonight I am a bit of a vegetable. I've spent a little too much time on the couch watching DVR'd shows.
And LOST is on soon...

I faced two big, time-consuming or thought-consuming hurdles. One last night, and one today. I feel like I can breathe once again.

Of course, I've been all-but-ignoring one HUGE deadline looming: yearbook. I'm going to pull a Scarlett O'Hara and going to think about that later. This weekend, maybe.
But if you find me MIA or just a little crazier than usual...that's why.

By the way, I could very much do without the promos for the new Office on Thursday. Cute montages of Jim and Pam, all the whilst knowing that Jim is going on in real life to marry someone else. I'll just close my eyes and stick my fingers in my ears and la la la la la thank you very much.

I'm still doing well with Lent. No sodas and Starbucks only on Sundays. Driving by Starbucks every morning is not easy, but it's doable. I see Mt. Dew and look at it longingly, but I don't give in.

I'm also sleeping better and waking up much easier in the mornings. I'd like to say that it will make me never go back to soda again, but who are we kidding? I'll be celebrating our risen Lord with a Mt. Dew in one hand come Easter Sunday.

I haven't had the failure-dream that I usually have during Lent. I've also taken a more active role in leaning on God in the little things. Like praying for my headache to go away and praying that I can hold it together without caffienne.

But now, it's getting more challenging. I've recognized that I drink soda when I'm stressed. Now that I'm not drinking soda, I'm making ridiculous food choices. Like the milkshake I drank with my McDonald's this evening. Just keepin' it real.

I've still got my work cut out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin