Wednesday, May 05, 2010

See, morbid and creepifying, I got no problem with, long as she does it quiet-like

I'm kid-sitting again this evening, though there's much less to do when I get home, and it won't be quite so late. Things have been going okay where the wild and precious things are.

I've been reading so much more lately, and reading some very fun things as well.
Namely: Nightlight and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (that's two books. Not just another one of my run-ons).

Nightlight. The cover looked an awful lot like Twilight, so I picked it up only to discover that it is a parody of Twilight by the Harvard Lampoon. It. is. funny. You have to understand the series and why people didn't like the series, but it's worth the horrible read.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. This book is delightful indeed. I happen to love Pride and Prejudice and have read it a couple of times. I've been toying with buying this book for some time now, and finally did. Author Seth Grahame-Smith took the book almost word-for-word from Jane Austen and infused it with zombie attacks and other such delightful quirks. The first line is "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains." I love this book!

I'm also listening to a lot of good music lately. My spring selections have featured Weezer, John Mayer, Timbaland, Band of Horses, Temper Trap, Ok Go, One Republic, Duffy, and, of course...Glee (Rehab).

And I've already gotten my summer mix almost finished. Which is good because it's already about a zillion degrees outside lately. July in Witchita Falls is going to kick.my.arse.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:10 AM CDT

    The human body can be drained of blood in 8.6 seconds given adequate vacuuming systems.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin