Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?

I could really use a wish right now (wish right now wish right now).

Sometimes, when I'm really, really weak and lonely, I ask my Jesus why.

Why do other people get to have someone to do life with and I don't?
Why do I have to drag the groceries in all by myself every time?
Why, when I cook, do I have four days worth of meals because there is no one to eat them with me?
Why do other people get to sit by their someone's in church? I have someone to sit bynow and then, but if I accidentally touch their shoulder when I'm stretching my arm out, it's awkward.


Why does my Jesus put me in ministries that lead me every which direction but towards a someone? I am called to work with children. I am called to work with teenagers. And day after day I begin to believe that I'm called to do this on my own. With beautiful friends that meet most of my needs. But then, at night, go home to their homes and their husbands and children.

Why don't I get to give my parents grandchildren instead of just a dog?

And most of all,

If I'm not going to have someone and I'm going to be single my whole life... why do I have to feel this way?

* You can bet I turned the comments off for this pity party.
We'll get back to our regularly scheduled ridiculousness soon.
Pinky promise.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin