Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Not so much jibberish as much as creepy spooky blah blah.

From the classroom today:

Me: "Don't forget to do your lunch count."
Goblin: "I'm going on a hunger strike."
Me: "Let me know how that works out for you."

Today was also the beginning of the Oobleck. When I introduce this unit, I tell the kids that NASA found evidence of a new planet, in a far off star system, and after the initial tests were done at headquarters, they made some samples available to schools for investigation.


You'd be amazed at what nine-year-olds will believe.

There was much discussion regarding this. There were talks of acid rain, aliens molting their skin, and other such sundry topics. The excitement was a little too much for nine-year-olds to contain.

I continuously lied deflected questions regarding the authenticity of the samples. I'm pretty sure that they knew I was lying bluffing, but I think a little part of them wanted to believe me.

This exchange, for example:
My Boy: You're pulling our legs.
Me: I have not touched your legs.

Another:
Goblin: I'm so glad I didn't wear my silly bands today.



And one more non-Oobleck conversation:
Goblin: "Why do I have to clean off my desk?"
Me: "Because I said so and I'm the boss of you."
Goblin: "Fair enough."

Now, I'm going to go celebrate the return of GLEE with a glass of wine.

1 comment:

  1. how come "I'm the boss" never works for me!!??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin