Sunday, October 03, 2010

I am a teacher.

I am a teacher.

I get combs untangled from children's bangs on picture day.

I curse the person who thought of giving them combs on picture day. (under my breath, of course).

I also curse the person who created silly bandz. Sometimes out loud.

I grade papers while watching football games, but then stop because my kids deserve a little more objectivity and grace than they are getting when my team is doing so poorly.

After grading a true/false test, I can spell neither true nor false.

After reading countless papers explaining something, I can't remember the correct spelling of 'because' but can use it in a sentence followed by the words "I said so."

I use phrases that other people don't use. Phrases like "control your body", "do not lick your neighbor", and of course, "If I have to come in there, someone is losing recess." (the rowdy-sounding boys bathroom)

I use phrases that other people wish they could use, like "you are done talking now", "you are too loud", and "I will take that now."

I am a teacher.

*Because I am a teacher, I can guarantee you will see more entries like this one.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin