Thursday, October 14, 2010

You would be planning, and plotting and possibly scheming.

I've had something up my sleeve for a few days now, and I've been keeping it 100% to myself. I haven't told The Aunt, KC, the BFF, or even the Wednesday night dinner crowd.

I'm aware that I will be on all of the aforementioned people's bad side when this all comes out, but I did it for their own good, whether they realize it or not. I didn't want to get their hopes up. It was hard enough not getting mine up. (Fail. Epic fail).

So, I composed this little bloggy post here, and waited. Quietly. And told no one that I was...

wait for it...

wait for it...

wait for it...

meeting a guy for coffee.

On Thursday night.
A real-live guy that has a job and loves Jesus and lives in my old hometown and goes to the same church in which  I was baptized.

WHOA NELLY! Where did this come from, you might ask?

Math.
Blame it all on math.

I was reading a blog, in which I commented on one of her posts regarding accepting a date from a guy. I suggested that you should always say yes at least once, but you don't have to say yes twice (to a second date.) And I was referring to that time I met a guy for coffee and even wore lipstick, and then, of course, there was that one time with the guy, the coffee, and the tattoo... and then I did math and discovered it has been a year and ten months since I met anyone for coffee, and if I don't hurry it up, I'll go the entirety of 2010 without any awkward coffee stories to speak of.

And we can't let that happen now, can we?

I'd thought about what it would take to get me to coffee with another guy, and as I was pondering it, my attention was drawn to the fact that it was a free communication weekend with eharmony. I reactivated my profile and jumped right on that bandwagon. I was "matched" with This Guy from my old hometown.

And now, tonight, I'm going to have coffee with him.

And as for not telling my friends and family... well, at this point they want a husband for me about as much as I want a husband for me, and while I covet their prayers in this matter, I don't want them to get excited at the slightest little bitty bit of movement in this area, only to have This Guy show up and be what is profile and emails indicate: a solitary computer addict that plays video games all the time.

Tomorrow I'll tell you how it went and why I even went to coffee with an apparent computer addict that plays video games and bowls often.

**Wednesday night- the night before. I have emailed back and forth with this guy, and called him to set up the coffee meeting. I am worried. Very worried. This guy has not shown an ounce of personality and I am not kidding but I am very worried.

It's going to be a long night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin