Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black Friday, I am the boss of you.

Until the end of Black Friday, which totally owned me.

The rundown of the morning:
3:30am- up and getting ready for the Target. Taking the three girls (because I've added another cousin adoptee into The Girls) for their first ever Black Friday experience. They did not go to bed the night before.

4:05- enter the Target, because Good Gawd the people were wrapped around the store, and we weren't about to wait in that line. Get The Uncle a belated birthday present that he wanted, that was exactly in my budget, and slide it through the stores, because if the lines to get in were that long, the hope of a buggy was merely a pipe dream.

5:30- finally get to check out and away from the whining lady behind me in line. I wanted to turn around and say Really? You didn't expect there to be line issues and rude people on Black Friday at the Target at 5am? What rock do you live under?

6:00- get home, assemble chair, leave ultra-fancy note using pen and notebook paper that states "Happy Birthday- sorry it's late" for The Uncle to find when he wakes up. Go directly back to bed.

9ish- wake back up from nap.
Order presents for The Sister from amazon.com
Order and download present 1 of 2 for The Uncle. Know it will be a hit.

Realize that I am now almost 100% complete with the Christmas List. I have ideas of everything I want to get everyone, save one other present for The Uncle that I haven't thought of yet. Wow. I am amazed at myself at this point. It gives me the freedom to relax and spend time on the handmade gifts without the pressure of the bought presents (I've gotten to the point where I do both every year).

Go back out into the stores with The Aunt, The Mother-in-Law, and KellsBells. Kohl's is obnoxious. Walk in, take one look at the lines, and walk.right.back.out.

Then, we came home. As we retired to the bed for another nap, someone named Daisy decided to try to jump onto the big bed.

She missed.

And hurt her leg something awful. There was wailing and whelping, and lots of dramatic trembling and holding the leg up lamely. That led to the discussion of whether or not we were making a trip to the emergency vet.

We called the vet and made an appointment for the next morning. Saturday.
I commenced praying that it wasn't what the interwebs were telling me it was: something involving her knee that would require immediate surgery that would also require the removal of my left arm and leg in payment.

But I'll tell you all about what the sweet little vet said tomorrow.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin