Sunday, November 21, 2010

We got robbed. All they took was the door.

I could watch the movie What Happens in Vegas all.day.long. I love love love it.

I could not, however, figure out how to make my pictures stop going sideways.

So, yesterday I decided to go "into town" as my mother says, to the Big Fancy Shopping Mall Where All the Rich, Cool Hipsters Shop. Or, Northpark, which is what it's really called. I went so I could go to a store called Anthropologie, which I may or may not want to live in.

But I got sidetracked first. At a place called Urban Outfitters. Or, "Urban" as the workers welcomed me as I walked in the store. Y'all. I could not be more out of place at this store.

There was one girl there, and she caught my attention because she was loudly saying something was ridiculous, but then when I looked at her, she was holding some sort of teacup dog in a sweater. A real live dog. Okay.

I went in looking for trinkets, and trinkets I found. After I sifted through all of the hipster-cool trinkets that had the f-word written all over them, I found several things I wanted, but only one thing I got.

Remember MASH? I played this game many a day as a tween (not tweener), and love it. I also love Knock Knock products, and this was the perfect thing- that I didn't need but bought anyways. I bought two, because I am making a care package
for one of my girls who needs some cheering up.


Then, I made it to my destination- Anthropologie. It was a beautiful wonderland of delicate and fabulous things. I was a happy girl there. Happy indeed. I ended up leaving with two more things I didn't need but definitely wanted.

I decided a while ago to decorate my apartment with my initials, spread miscellaneously throughout the place. It's only fitting since half of the people that know me call me by my initials. I have quite a few o's, and a couple of j's, so I wanted a j. Initials are all the rage right now, so I went ahead and splurged on this one. I'm not sure where I'm going to put it.

I saw this and just fell in love with it. I have a laptop, so I don't need a mouse pad at all, but can you see that bird on top of that cage? With the crown on top? With my big initial in the middle? I think you can understand why I had.to.have.this.


This next part is where I found my kryptonite which is a store called Paper Source. I spent entirely too much money there. Too much.

This is a store of paper, and cards, and paper crafts.

And gifts.

And books of Sukie iron-ons. Ah bliss. 
I also got these little notebooks for half off. Inside the notebooks is filled with grid paper, and I have a special love for grid paper. 

Oh. And this. These little goodies are going directly into my December Daily. That I basically decided to do again this year, based on these little goodies and a few more things that I have found here and there.

All of this put me in such a creative mood that I had to go and buy these.
Because not all blank canvases are square.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin