I decided to trash it for a couple of reasons. The first of which is that there's so much water damage done to it thanks to some sort of spill a while ago that turning the pages required prying them apart and tearing them in the process. Secondly, I never look at the thing, and don't remember who most of the people are. Also, there were 2100 students in my school, so the thing is ginormous.
After I got past the Lord-have-mercy hairstyles that screamed the early 90's, I loved reading what people wrote in the book, and looking at some of the pictures that took me down memory lane:
- Apparently, I cheated in Mr. Aversa's class (no idea what he taught) with S. Q. (no idea who she is). We were also cat-dissecting partners in science class.
- Megan said I "deserve the best and nothing less" and that "Guys are Jerks!" (again, no idea who Megan was)
- Finding a picture of Matt T. and remembering that he was the bouncer at The Swamp on the midnight I turned 21 and he let me in as 21 two hours before midnight. I miss The Swamp. (And I'll bet Reckless does to. Or at least Mr. Incredible!)
Things that happened in the year that I was a junior:
- an oil spill in Tampa Bay. (don't remember that AT ALL)
- Michael Jackson was accused of molestation
- Michael Jordan retires
- Conflict in Somalia
- The Bobbit scandal
- Schindler's List came out (never seen it)
- Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan
- My beloved Gators went to the Final Four for the first time evah.
And finally, this little yearbook signature:
" Hello Jennifer. Boy that AP test was fun! Wasn't this year a blast? Only one more left! Even though I don't come from a good Christian family and I'm going to hell, I'm glad you're my bud. Your pagan friend, K***"Which is funny, because now we're f.a.c.e.b.o.o.k. friends, and she's getting married to a relatively religious guy (from what I can tell).
An even better treasure found in the pages: my church notes dated 1995. Those I'm keeping, stains and all.