Sunday, January 09, 2011

Snowfall

Snowy day soundtrack: Freelance Whales and One Republic. Freelance Whales for the whimsy of the big, wet flakes, and One Republic for the drama of the snow covering the roads and houses.

Home from church and lunch.
Wellies off.
Fleece on.
Satellite officially down for the count, thus the music.
Ready for a cozy day at home.

I've been watching the weather obsessively steadily for a while, as we had an outdoor field trip planned for Tuesday, and the guy in charge is very hesitant to cancel it. He initially said that it was supposed to warm up so we'd wait to call it until Sunday morning (this very morning), but then came to his senses and called it on Friday. So I completely re-planned my week to accommodate being at school for the extra day.

And now I'm pretty sure they're going to call an ice day tomorrow. Because I can't seem to catch a break.

But I'm okay with it. They'll probably wait until tomorrow morning to call it, and I'll be up and showered and then hear it on the news and then get the call. Then I'll send out an email and go straight back to bed with wet hair and warm fleece and be in heaven.

I brought home work to do, and I'm going to get as much done today as I can so that if I do get a snow day tomorrow it will just be me and my Kindle and my Shih Tzu and some apple cider that I hope isn't expired but probably is.

And I won't even think about June when I'll have to make that day up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin