Saturday, April 23, 2011

When I wake up.

Morning song: "Taxi Cab" by Vampire Weekend


I get songs stuck in my head constantly. At any given moment of my life I have a song in my head.

Two of the blogs I read have recently discussed music. One gave a list of top five songs and asked everyone to contribute. There were some excellent song suggestions on that list. The other blog recorded every song that he woke up singing as part of a creative exercise which I happen to think is brilliant, as I wake up every single morning of my life singing a song. It usually comes to mind in the shower, and I begin to ponder what made that song stuck in my head, or when I last heard it.

It makes for some deep thinking between the shampoo and the conditioner.

So, every once in a while, you'll see the "morning song" at the top of the post, and you will get to know what song is in my head. Very few people listen to the same music I do, unless I've made them a mixed cd and forced them to listen to it, so very few people have heard the songs stuck in my head.

You've been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin