Monday, May 16, 2011

plus or minus seven

I go to Rome on Thursday. Rome is seven hours ahead of  Texas. So, I've been counting back and forth seven hours every time I think about Rome. Which is about every 37.4 seconds. That's lots of counting.

I may or may not have had this exchange with KC's students today:

Me to students: “ You can’t play battleship with three people. Only two.”
Students: “what?!”
Me: “YOU CAN’T PLAY BATTLESHIP WITH THREE PEOPLE! ONLY TWO! YOU HAVE KNOWN HOW TO PLAY THIS SINCE THE BEGINNING OF SCHOOL SO I CAN ONLY GUESS THAT YOU SAID WHAT?! BECAUSE YOU COULDN’T HEAR ME!”
Which just proves that I need to go to Rome STAT!

I'm trying to strategically and relaxingly clean my apartment room by room so that it will be completely clean when I leave for and come back from Rome. This has been easy with the bathroom and kitchen- the two easiest to clean rooms. Tonight I tackle the living room. Lord help me. My coffee table alone is frightening.

For part of the time I'm gone, The Sister is keeping Crazy Daisy (Lord help her), and crazy organized me has already packed a bag for the Shih Tzu. And today, said Shih Tzu found the bag and ate the entire baggie of dog treats that I'd packed. Entire bag.

I got a massage for my birthday, and I'm cashing that sucka in tonight. I scheduled it late, so I can get massaged and then come directly home to bed and sleep.

Well, so... I just got back from my massage. Wow. I am relaxed and lovely and a little foggy and possibly a bit loopy. I'm concerned about being allowed to drive myself home. I now have the hiccups and am already chugging water as my nose has already started to stuff up. Does that make any sense?

I'm going to go relax even more by vegging in front of the television.

And not driving myself anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin