Monday, June 27, 2011

Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve violence, or is this the wrong crowd for that?

I would like to say that my victory today was when I went to the gym to lift weights, and then went and swam a mile at the pool (which is my goal every morning.)

But it is not. Because that did not happen. (Which is the case every.single.day.)

My victory today was that I did not take a nap (though it is only 4:30 and I am kung-fu fighting the urge to lay down on the couch), and that I did not resort to violence when given several opportunities today in which I think Jesus and the Southern Baptist Convention would have felt it was excusable.

Today was the start of VBS, which stands for Vacation Bible School, which basically means that we bring a bunch of kids to our church to learn about Jesus and give their mammas a place to be all crazy-like.

Now, I could list several examples, but more and more people are "finding" my blog from some other friend's blog (thanks for outing me ladies... I'll repay the favor someday), and I can't be sure who will and won't read this post and be offended. I can almost be sure that if the offenders did read this post they wouldn't think they did anything wrong, because if they recognized their error, they probably wouldn't have done it in the first place.

Am I being to harsh?
Probably.
Because why would I call you crazy just for bringing your four children to VBS at 8:10am when it starts at 9:00 am?
And why did I get all testy with you when you made a handful of eight year-old kids stand in the hallway because there wasn't an adult in the room and you were standing in the doorway of said room? (Sorry ma'am but you are going to have to face the fact that you are currently classified as the adult.)

All-in-all, it was a good morning. I have a group of completed second graders, and they are a handful. It did not end without me pulling one aside and saying "I've seen you behave much better than this and it is what I'm expecting, so you need to start making better choices NOW." I over-planned my Bible Study by a lot, but I also knew that we would not have enough time, so I knew what to do and what to toss, and I got everything accomplished that I wanted the kids to know. 

And tomorrow I'll do it again.

Further proof that I may have been on a little bit of information overload:
The lady at Chik-fil-a said she was putting some extra fliers in my bag, and I almost said to her "listen, I don't care what you put in there as long as there's some chicken and some fries."

But I didn't.

1 comment:

  1. well, I'm all for violence if that's what it takes... there is nothing wrong with a good shove or a little spilled blood

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin