Saturday, June 25, 2011

In which I almost lose my enchiladas (because I couldn't think of any title whatsoever)

Tonight, I sent my YL peeps off to Colorado. I was very jealous that they would not be exposed to the 100 degrees of summer that I would this week, but not jealous enough to go with them back to Barbie Camp. Prior to the send off, I had dinner with the family, including a delicious plate of enchiladas (even though one fateful evening this spring I swore them off forever).

When everyone was there and greeted, I asked Harry (who's in charge of the whole shindig) if he needed me to do anything for him. He said I could take his luggage and put it on the bus for him. This is the point where I had just eaten a plate of enchiladas and it was 100 degrees outside and I attempted to carry Harry's luggage (while wearing wedges) to the bus. He is a boy (duh) and packs like a boy would be carrying it, and it was so heavy that I may or may not have had to fight the urge to decorate the outside of his luggage with enchiladas.

There was no point to that story. I just wanted to share. You're welcome.

In other news...
Crazy Daisy is having a week of her own. From Sunday on to about Tuesday, the girl had issues. Sunday night, she was up every...two...hours...needing to go out. It was the awesomest night ever. Y'all, I just can't talk about the issues this girl was having.

She was showing no other signs of ill-feeling, other than the fact that she was refusing cheese, which is both a staple at this household and also her favoritest food in the universe. I knew then that something was up. Despite the fact that she has met her out of pocket maximum for the foreseeable future, I was thinking that this last symptom may require a trip to the vet. I had one more trick up my sleeve.

I looked her square in the eye and said "Listen here, if you don't start to feel better, so help me gawd I'm taking you to the vet first thing tomorrow morning."

Guess who no longer has intestinal issues? I don't play games when it comes to this sort of thing. The very next day, she about took my hand off trying to get the piece of cucumber that I was offering, and I knew we were in the clear.

She's still not 100% well. I've been feeding her pedialyte, since I don't have a baby of my own yet have to get up all night long, why not go the whole nine yards and have to buy her an expensive re-hydrator? And now, now we've added a stuffy nose and sneezing to the list of ailments. The girl's caught a cold.

This time, though, I have a non-veterinary plan. See, I never finished out her other medicines from when I had to take her to the doctor 47 times in 2 days, so I'm just feeding her left-over antibiotics from her sore throat stint. And I think it's working.

The one major downside to this is that my already loud snore-r is worse.than.ever. It's pitiful, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Widget by LinkWithin