Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yeah, well. What have you done today?

I'm pretty sure that if I right-click on "open link in new tab" one more time, my computer is going to revolt and shut itself down and refuse to ever work for me again.

Just as the ceiling fan in my bedroom did last night. (Have I mentioned it's hotter than hell itself here in Texas?) My ceiling fan let out a loud, exhausted POP and then stopped working, never to circulate again. And while you think that I live in an apartment and can just mosey on down to the maintenance office and tell them "hey- come fix my fan, stat," I can't. I have an awful lot of bedroom cleaning to get done before I can let the sweet little maintenance man come into my abode. Otherwise I get to use phrases like "here let me move that brassiere so you can fix my fan without being scarred for life."

And, as I mentioned on The Face Book yesterday (are we friends? we should totally be friends) I spent all weekend looking forward to Tuesday when it was going to be less than 100 degrees, and while it was 91 degrees, the "feels like" temperature was 101. Exhibit A of my theory that God has a sense of humor.

I am getting settled into my summer routine, and that makes me happy. However, I'm not getting done what I need to get done. I come home for lunch, and am super productive for the 30 or so minutes that I'm not eating. I make a list of five things I need to get done in the evening.

Ask me how many I've gotten done tonight. Go ahead. Ask. I'll be honest with the answer.

None. Zero. Nada.

I've been on pinterest and about a zillion different blogs, and on The Face Book about fourteen times. And watched Criminal Minds, because right now that show is like kryptonite to my productivity. Combine that with the fact that my ADHD meds wear off round about 7pm, and my backside makes a firm imprint on my hideous couch. (And as further proof that my meds wear off, I resisted going on about three different tangents just typing that sentence.)

And now, What Happens In Vegas is on, so I don't have much hope of getting anything else accomplished, including a decent bedtime.

Peace out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin