Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Blush and Bashful

39 days until football season kicks off.
That is what I am most excited about in life right now, thus the lack of posts.

The Aunt insisted I blog, despite the fact that there is very little going on in my life right now. I didn’t feel like y’all wanted to read an entire post about how I had Lucky Charms for dinner last night because I was too lazy and it was too hot to cook. But I guess I was wrong.

In other news, today was the teacher-palooza sale at our local teacher supply store. Everything was 20% off, and every teacher within a hundred mile radius comes to the store to get their back to school supplies.

I went a few years ago, and while I found some good bargains, I read three chapters of Pride and Prejudice while standing in line waiting to check out. I’ve avoided it like the plague ever since. There are some things I just will not deal with for less than 75% off.

But today, I made an exception. I found myself with an afternoon off, The Face Book reminded me about the sale, and since I had a gift card to that place, I decided to give it a try. I say “try” because I sent this text to a couple of my teacher peeps before I got in the car to go:
“I’m going to Teacher’s Tools. Today is the big sale day. If I go in and do not immediately leave due to the crowds, I will consider it a success.”
I knew I needed a couple of things for the coming year, and since I’m extremely cheap frugal, I decided to try it out and get the most out of my gift card. I went just after noon, when most of the teaching world was on a break for lunch.

I knew I was in trouble when I immediately walked in and saw one border and decided I would redo my entire classroom decor this year, because if I’m not moving classrooms for the first time in seven years, why not just redecorate the place for kicks?

In my defense, since I’ve moved classrooms every year for the last eight years, I’ve kept the same bulletin boards, letters, and borders because it was too much to move and redecorate. So it was about time to change it up anyways.

I’ve decided to go with a new color scheme.
If you’re a man reading this, my colors are orange and blue.
If you’re a woman reading this, my colors are turquoise and tangerine.
If you’re a sorority sister reading this, my colors are blush and bashful, two very different shades of pink.

I was a little concerned about funding, because I hadn’t budgeted “crazy plan to completely redo my entire classroom” into this month’s discretionary spending, but once again, I am a shopping ninja. When she rang me up, after buying all sorts of stuff for my new orange/blue/tangerine/turquoise classroom, the girl handed me back my giftcard and said “you have 73 cents remaining on your card.”

Holla.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin