Wednesday, July 27, 2011

For Today- July 27th

Outside my window... it is hotter than the hinges of hell. The girl on the radio said it correctly when she said "The heat outside is just stupid." Over twenty days of 100+ weather. Two of those days were over 105.

I am thinking... that my phone is dying and it may finally be time to break down and get a new one. A smarter one. That has a lower case i in front of it. And I can't figure out why I'm resisting it so much.

I am thankful for... air conditioning and the ability to spend most of the days indoors. Summer has become the season of hibernation. For everyone. In America.

From the kitchen... while I'd like to say there is a delightful aroma of a home cooked meal, there is a pile of dishes in the sink, laundry spilling in from the adjacent laundry room, begging to be folded and put away. I have instead chosen to put my fingers in my ears and passionately ignore it.

I am wearing... tank tops every day. Right now, sleeves seem like a punishment. A very bad punishment.

I am creating... a project that I'm very excited about, and also a first year of marriage book for a wedding on Saturday. And I really need to get cracking on that.

I am going... to the condo on Sunday for a couple of days of vacation. I am looking forward to it. A lot.

I am reading... crossword puzzle clues, as I'm on a crossword kick lately, and lots of blogs. Plus The Face Book and weather.com obsessively. Teacher blogs. Lots of teacher blogs.

I am hearing... all sorts of good music on the radio. I knew we'd have a good day when the first song I heard on the radio was Beck. Where it's at. Indeed. 

Around the house... um... is it possible to plead the fifth on this one? There are crafty-type projects and materials everywhere. As well as all of the things that I'm working on getting ready for my classroom and school life to start soon. Dis-as-ter.

One of my favorite things... Ice Loves Coco. Go watch it immediately. Then watch all of the back episodes. This is seriously funny. They are so Hollywood and so normal.

A few plans for the rest of the week... car inspection, fabric store, make doctor's appointment, finish up the wedding album, craft project, a wedding on Saturday, and heading to the condo on Sunday. Vacation. 


A picture to share... the object of my focus and attention as of late. My blank slate. See the bulletin boards? Coming down. See the pristine, freshly waxed tiles? My kids will DESTROY that before the third day of school. If it lasts that long. We're talented like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin