Sunday, August 21, 2011

Oooh!! A big flashy lighty thing. I love big flashy lighty things. Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Well, not actually, but give me time. And a crayon.

Yes, I'm watching Dr. Who again. And yes, I did have another, more delightful title from the episode I was watching to use, but when I typed it out, it sounded a little dirty.

In other completely unrelated news, when you've been at a church for ten years, and in the same ministry for almost as long, you get to have conversations like this:
me: I'm going to run to the secret bathroom really quick.
A: The old secret bathroom or the new secret bathroom?
me: The old one.
A: Sounds good.
I hated to leave that dreadful last "punch you in the neck" post up, but it's been crazy busy up in this hizz-ouse. The good news is that on Friday, KC and I were left alone for a while so we could get some work done, and therefore I got my planning done with minimal interruptions. And only a few files were requested to be shared.

But then (and this is the good part) I met my kiddos. And all was right with my little world. My little ones were so excited to get to be in my class, and I've already pinpointed two rather nutty ones that will certainly keep me on my toes.

Today is the day before school officially starts, so there's much to be done. I'd like to regale you with words and pictures of yesterday's adventures to the C.E.C. and the seventh circle of hell. And I could write a novel based on the text messages that my peeps and I send to each other.

But I've got a YL meeting (on the day before school? really?) and I've promised my feet there was a pedicure on their schedule today, so I've got to get myself pulled together because 5:30 is going to come really early tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin