Wednesday, August 24, 2011

You're lashing out at me is fantastically compelling and inappropriate

Oh, y'all.

Now, I know that I've started quite a few posts as of late with that phrase, and I would be more than willing to stop that just as soon as my little bitty daily life stops making me say "Oh, y'all." Or stops making me send texts like this:
Holy $#%t we're self destructing in fourth grade.I don't think I'm ever leaving my room. I'm afraid to go into the hallway.
The BFF (and recipient of said text) just sent back the following: "Dive roll." She has a solution for everything that BFF.

It's a well known fact that I do not like conflict. When I get the feeling conflict is coming my way, I curl up under my desk in the fetal position and hope it doesn't find me. I've been working on confronting it a little bit, but only on my own terms. But then there was today.

Conflict came out of nowhere and karate chopped me in the spleen.

(It is at this point that I've read what comes next and it is boring and simply the result of a bunch of women working in a building together and letting all sorts of emotions run rampant. Oy. I will not be offended if you don't read the rest. At all...)

There's an awful lot of back story to this, and I'm not going to bore you with the details. Essentially, two of our teachers got into a rather large fight in the hallway after school, with me and KC right in the middle of it.

Teacher J said something offhand to teacher L, and L shot back with "I didn't want that to happen because you're always complaining about it." And then teacher J started getting all sorts of offended, and L was not backing down, and at that point KC and I looked at the floor, looked at each other and got.out.of.the.hallway.STAT.

But if that was the end of it, I wouldn't be telling this here little story. See, despite the attempts made by both KC and me to avoid the women and all the awkwardness now taking over the entire hallway, we failed miserably. We went back to my room and L showed up and KC, L, and I talked about something entirely unrelated, but we knew what it looked like we were talking about.

At this point, I may have hidden in my room and sent KC (who was in the next room) a text that said "Is J crying?"cause I could hear her in the hallway.

Then, J shows up at my door to talk about what happened, and what I though, and how L felt I would side with her, and oh my word this is awkward and not how I pictured my afternoon to be spent.

Especially when L once again showed up at my door to talk about it some more.

I just wanted to hide under my desk until everyone in the building went home.
I just wanted to stop talking about it.

Which at this point is probably what you want me to do as well.
I for see some hiding in my future tomorrow. I think it will be a door-closed kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin