Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten Years Later

Ten years.

In 2009, I simply took a moment of silence.
In 2007, I talked about it with my little ones.

I struggle every year, this one included, with what to do with myself on this September 11th. Especially ten years from the exact date.

I woke up this morning, and just as I got out of the shower, I turned the television on at almost the exact moment when the first plane hit the first tower. There was a moment of silence on the telly, and I observed. I was glued to the broadcast, and was unexpectedly moved when they showed the video footage of the second plane hitting the second tower. And again when the moment of silence was observed for the Pentagon.

The Pentagon was the part of it that I remember more than most. And when the towers fell down.

But.

It's a Sunday, and I had to get up and get ready for church. I had an unexpectedly hard time turning the television off, but I had to go.

And that's the thing. Even after those horrible moments, we have to go. We have to go on with our lives, living, loving, and eventually, laughing.

But for today, we go on remembering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin