Monday, January 09, 2012
We are Young
- It's hard to go back to blogging after being gone for a while. You feel a pressure to write something fabulous and funny and you know... coherent. It's hard man. That's why today is just bullets.
- Today was cold and rainy. day, and I want to go to bed right now, even though it's not even 6:30. Instead I put on my fleece pants and pullover and will hopefully be super productive.
- The Aunt is in a church personnel meeting, but tonight is Monday, so I will be watching HIMYM, 2 Broke Girls, and Mike & Molly, and texting The Aunt. Who will be getting those texts in the meetings. This should be fun.
- I ordered a planner from Erin Condren, and I can...not...wait for it to get here. It was originally supposed to get here today, but I have to delay that until tomorrow. I am so excited about sitting down with a blank year and a blank calendar. I really think it might help me heal my soul a little bit.
- I'm also waiting for my fixed lens for my camera to come tomorrow. So then I can play with it. I'm still shooting in auto mode, but I hope to remedy that by the end of January.
- I tried some new food for Crazy Daisy, and not only has it increased her allergies to an annoying level, it has some other, um, unexpected results. That force me to leave the room before my eyes water due to the stink.
- There is a Hallmark Hall of Fame Movie about a teacher who takes his class to space camp and it stars John Corbitt and I need to avoid it like the plague. Will I? No. Will I instead be sitting on my couch watching it and weeping? Yes.
- My new playlist for 2012 knocks my own socks off. It's primarily new groups I haven't heard of, and primarily from songs I heard on commercials or television and downloaded. But it is wonderful and I listen to it non.stop. In my car and at school. It features Florence + the Machine, Safetysuit, Group Love, Kickdrums, Cary Brothers, The Middle East, M83, The Icicle Works, Airiel, and Fun. Which is very fun. There's also a Coldplay and a Rhianna, but they're so mainstream.
Here's the acoustic version of the Fun. song that's on my playlist. I love love love it.
I'm off to find my gas mask.
at 7:41 PM