Monday, July 30, 2012

I'm a time traveler. I point and laugh at archeologists.

I thought since it was almost August, I'd write a post for the month of July. The title indicates that I've watched a bit of Doctor Who (the Tenth) as of late.

I'm going to bullet point it, but add amusing pictures to hopefully make up for the vacancy on here old blog.

* In an update from the last post, The Sister and The Boyfriend broke up. About an hour before the flight home, because that's how they roll. God bless the people on the plane with them. (And God bless me, because now she's texting me daily with "whatcha doin?" and "wanna work out?" Hell no.)

* I'd also like to take a moment to let everyone know about an incident that happened last night, in which everyone should feel very sorry for Daisy. In nine years, this has not ever happened once, but I guess all good things must come to an end. We went to bed as normal last night, with Daisy curled up at the foot of my bed as usual, and sometime in the middle of the night, I had some sort of traumatic dream episode and kicked my leg out in front of me. Which, unfortunately, sent my slumbering-and-completely-unguarded Shih Tzu sailing off of my bed and into the suitcase on the floor by the bed. I grabbed her up (in my own slumbering state this registered Def Con 5 on the emergency scale), and we cuddled until I stopped apologizing and let her go back to sleep. A safe distance from my legs.

* Now. Let's discuss what I've been doing with the last few days off. I'm moving in t-minus about 17 days, but that doesn't by any stretch of the imagination mean that I am packing. I'm finding everything I can do instead of packing. Like:

Watching The Olympics (also known as productivity kryptonite) all. day. long.



Due to NBC's near 24 hour coverage, I have taken a sudden and urgent interest in things like Women's Kayaking and Synchronized Diving. I've also become very interested in women's volleyball, but mostly because one of their most popular players is named Destinee Hooker. How could I refrain from watching that?

Spending inordinate amounts of time on Pinterest

It is inappropriate how much time I have spent on this stupid thing instead of packing. I am for some reason laughing hysterically at these pictures of silly-looking kids with shall we say grown up titles (sorry for the bad word here, but it's not like you haven't heard me say it if you know me in real life).












Getting ready to move.

Unfortunately, I decided to be proactive, and go online to change my address, to start on my moving date. As soon as it made it through the computer system, my mail abruptly stopped.

I no longer get any mail.

Hmm.

I spoke with the post office today and they assured me they would take care of it. I don't know...




Staying out of this debate because I think it's very stupid. 

I think this is stupid, particularly in light of the fact that there are about a billion people in this world that are starving. Am I going to eat at CFA on Wednesday to show my support? I don't know. I don't know what I'm going to eat for breakfast in the morning. But I do like these pictures.


Getting ready to go back to school. 

I love the back to school sales and the idea of a fresh new start to the school year. I've been making signs for my classroom and getting ready to do things a little different. 
Remind me of this in August when I've met my new little goblins and I'm going to bed at 7pm.



And because I'd never leave  you without a hysterical video, I present to you Dog vs. AC...
Laugh Out Loud as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin