Saturday, October 13, 2012

Mantle

One of the things I love about my apartment is that it has a fireplace. Not because I want to light a fire (I know better than to try that), but because I have always wanted a mantle to decorate.

I went simple for the August and September that I was living here. I picked a color and went with it.

Green.

Side Shot

I love my mirror.
 For October's mantle, I've been ever-so-slowly piecing it together in my mind while I collected dollar items one bit at a time. I wanted subtle, slightly colorful, plain, and with a bit of whimsy.

October's mantle


Dollar store bottles and old potion label stickers
My boo banner. Not sure I like how it is hanging onto the mirror.
My glitter pumpkin and witches broom (both $ items from Target)
A couple of printed works in dollar store frame
side view
Daisy was, as always, extremely helpful.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the potion bottles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mantel...you're SOooo crafty! And, also love what you did with your initials on the wall!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin