Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Twas the night before the last day of school...

And this is what was in my grocery cart after school:

* a Bass Pro gift card for the custodian, as there is the possibility he'll have to clean up blood tomorrow (what? it'll be an accident...)

* cookie dough, that I just discovered is the wrong brand, and those that know me will know why I'm sad I got the Chocolate Lover's kind. I was totally going for the turtle flavor.

* Not one, but two brands of pina colada in a pouch. A girl's gotta have options, and this girl's got a desire to drink both tonight.

* Nacho cheese Doritos and whipped cream cheese. Don't knock it 'till you try it.

* Pizza rolls. Because I can't be bothered to cook tonight (or what feels like ever again) and I've eaten out the last two nights.

* ginger ale

* cheese for snack tomorrow (since I'll have to be at school until 7:30)

* cheese for macaroni and cheese, because despite the fact that I can't be bothered to cook right now, I really really want mac and cheese from scratch.

* Lucky Charms, as a girl's gotta have breakfast (or in the case of Tuesday, lunch). If General Mils loved me, there would not be any oats nonsense in there, but I'm not holding my breath.

* A Glamour magazine. I can't bring myself to start another book until after school is officially over.

And one last picture to leave you with. Today was 5th grade graduation, which goes so very far overboard this year (two families bid over $250 each to sit on the front row), and one certain arch nemesis fifth grade teacher told the parents to get there an hour early, at the expense of all of the other non-fifth grade teachers at our school.

Since KC had already texted me to tell me she was doing the Starbucks run this morning, I knew I had to do something to preserve her a parking spot.  I SHAMELESSLY did this and then stood right next to it so others would know I was serious.

Tomorrow, I'll (possibly) post the teacher's response to Jen Hatmaker's widely circulated post about being the worst mom ever. Spoiler: not even close...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin