Monday, January 20, 2014

Anatomy of a day off

Source
Today is Martin Luther King, Jr. day, and I have the day off. The glorious, beautiful day off.

Because I teach solely math, I don't do a whole lot in the classroom with it. I leave it up to KC to do that part. (KC also chose this exact MLK quote to put on her FB page. Great minds and all...)

I have been looking forward to this day for a little bit now. Basically since I went back to school after the break.

Here's why I love and desperately needed a day off.

When the alarm went off, I needed not to have to jump out of bed and start getting ready. I don't sleep late on my days off. Just later. But it is an awesome thing to just lay in bed, all snuggled up and warm and burrito-ish while I think about my day and my morning.

Then, I cruised around the inter webs while I watch Good Morning America. I love GMA, and wish I could watch it every.single.day.

After GMA, I went to the Starbucks, and graded some papers. I've worked hard since returning from Winter Break to not have a ton of papers stack up on me, and this time it only took me about an hour and a half. That, of course, includes the multiple texts KC and I sent to each other because our kids are nutso, and that's never more evident than when we're grading papers.

(Case in point, one girl wrote her name as her first name, her last name, and then Potter. So, apparently she married Harry Potter and didn't invite me or KC to the wedding. Rude.)

Then, I got to drive in the beautiful sunshine to the Trader Joe's that's 1/2 hour away, but still completely worth it. It's also next to the Old Navy that also always has some excellent deals, and did not disappoint.

Then, I did my grocery shopping, not on a Sunday afternoon, when the store was a madhouse, but instead on an early Monday afternoon, when I had the store to myself.

Now, I'm getting to write in the middle of the day, catch up on some missed tv while I work on the yearbook, and resisting the urge to read more of my book, lest I spend the rest of the day with my nose in my iPad (book).

And all of this done in my favorite grey sweatshirt, with my hair piled on top of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin