Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Heart of Dallas Bowl (oh- and Happy New Year!)

New Year's Day was a whirlwind.

Long story short, I was able to take my dad (and my boss, and her husband) to the Heart of Dallas Bowl. For free (sort of).

It was a super-fun, exhausting day, and I took a zillion pictures (and of course, made a flip gram with them, because I love that little appity app).

Instead of putting it all here, I wanted to share with you one picture and one story…


The Dad was insistent on my getting a picture with Scrappy, the mascot. We were so close to the bottom railing edge, that it was easy for me to just run on down there and get a quick pic.

It should be noted that "the bottom railing" was also where the students paying general admission were located. The students that appeared to be super excited that they were serving the beer at the game. So, there was a little intoxication going on down there. 

After a miscommunication with the girls pictured (see intoxication above), I realized they wanted me in the picture with them. The guy standing next to me, who was taking the picture, proceeded to smack me square on the behind and say "Get on in there!" (once again, see intoxication above). 

I looked at him, and he looked at me, cocked his head sideways, and said (very matter-of-factly) "I don't know you."  

It was all I could do to say "yes, but now, according to some African cultures, we're married, honey." 

Instead, I just jumped into the picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin