Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Spectacular Now

So, I finished another book, bringing my 2014 total to a whopping 3.

This is huge, considering I only read 8 books total in 2013. (In my defense, they were some awesome books.)

So.

This book.

My thoughts:

Meh.

Here's the requisite quote:
"Life is spectacular. Forget the dark things. Take a drink and let time wash them away to wherever time washes things away to."
And the quote that sounds like I could have said/written it:
"Curse words are absolutely one hundred percent necessary for something like this."
Now, the main reason I finished it by Thursday night, was the initial reason I was reading it in the first place: the movie.

This book is on my (very long) list of books to read, and I saw the movie was new to DVD, which just served to promote it up the ranks of 'to be read.' (currently at 23)

And after finishing it, my feelings were as follows:
Meh.

Then, last night I snuggled up with the Shih Tzu under the electric blanket and we watched the movie.

My verdict:

Double Meh.
Meh. Meh.

The best parts of the book were found in the deleted scenes of the movie (although I will give them credit- they did say "Go Gators!" in those scenes).

Like most books to movies, it was just a little shallow.

Next on the reading list: Winter's Tale.
Because the movie is coming out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin