Thursday, March 13, 2014

I break for spring

Daisy broke for spring, but only because I broke for spring as well. 
I had planned to use these in project life, but then I changed my mind.
Because, me.

So, here is the first weekend of my break for spring, with 20 pictures that won't take up your entire bandwidth (I know that I'm not using that word right, but it sounds pretty intelligent, and again. Me.)


Saturday

Working with The Aunt for a bit
First time at Freebirds. (Meh.)
Watching the telly with Daisy
Delicious dinner. The Aunt never disappoints.
Cousin Dog likes steak too.
George the Horse Head makes an appearance. Daisy was not the only one saying Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
Dogs sleeping.
More dogs sleeping.
Sunday was spent in the midst of a whole lot of nothingness. 

As Jesus intended it. 


Monday was the tenth, so I did a Ten on the Tenth. 

I hope to keep that up this year. It's great to see a day in the life. I've set a reminder on my phone, so it's totally doable. 











 On Monday, I spent some quality time with The Big Girl, so on Tuesday, Little Sister played hooky and we hung out.

The weather was classified as Dust, because Lubbock.
First time at Genghis Grill.

Delicious.
This girl.

She's going to Guatemala for the first time this summer. We went to Pei Wei on Monday night, and she asked me to teach her to use the chopsticks, because I'm like, totally an expert.

Her mom said that she better learn how to use them because in Guatemala, that's all they use, and they don't include forks like American restaurants.

And she believed her.

So, at Genghis on Tuesday, she sheepishly asks me if they would judge her if she brought a pack of plastic forks to Guatemala with her.

After setting her straight, I immediately called her mother to tell her the story, because it was the right thing to do.


And then, that night, The Aunt cooked breakfast for dinner, because she loves me.

Wednesday has already been documented, but I want to show you this.

That pillow? made by The Aunt. That blanket? crouched by The Aunt.

Both confiscated by Daisy.

Sigh.

I can't have nice things.


And I leave you with this tongue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin