Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'm Not Worthy

Don't think of this as a "not worthy of God's grace and love thing." I'm not, but that's not what this is about. Think of it in more of a Wayne-and-Garth-meet-Alice-Cooper kind of way. I discovered today that I am not worthy.

My cell phone is on the national do not call list. So, if you want to sell me a set of Ginsu knives, don't bother my cell. However, a few months ago, I got a peculiar call. It was Fabio. No, seriously. Fabio. Stop laughing! I'm not kidding! Fabio called my cell phone!! I didn't recognize the number, and didn't answer. Don't worry. He left a message. He's very courteous. I saved the message to play to my friends and family just because it was freaking hilarious. Throughout the course of the message, he called me by name and told me that he thought I was beautiful (I bet he says that to everyone), said he knew how hard teaching was and said he thought I could use a break. He then went on to tell me that he would love to take me away to his private mediteranian island and together we could have some toast and neither of us would be able to believe it's not butter. That's when I was pretty sure it was a promotional call. I still saved the message to share with other friends and family, but for whatever reason, never got around to it.

Fast forward to today, when my aunt suspiciously asks me "Hey, did you ever get a phone call from Fabio?" to which I replied "yeah, a while back...did you get one too?"

At which point she laughed. At which point I knew she had done it. And I was not worthy. She is the master (second only to a 70+ year old man at church- different story for a different time) of pranksterness. She's died my dog pink. She's played many a prank on me. She's single-handedly responsible for my humor development. And now, she's arranged Fabio to ring me on my cell and invite me to a private island. I'm not worthy.


Apparently, you can go online here and arrange for Fabio to call your friends and family as well.
My sister should be hearing from Fabio any minute...

2 comments:

  1. We did the same thing with Samuel L. Jackson inviting people to go see Snakes On A Plane. It's pretty funny watching your friends, who are pastors, get invited to go see that movie by the star of it.

    Now that I think about it, though, I would think that Fabio would be a lot more smooth than to take you out for TOAST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too funny. I'm gonna have to think of someone to Fabio. And, hey! Toast worked for Nacho Libre!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin